Blog Archive

Saturday, July 27, 2013

France- Day 20: Market, baking, and sushi

Hey everyone! Sorry about the lack of blog post yesterday! I fell asleep when I didn't mean to, thus it never got written! Not much happened anyways! We ran to some grocery stores, and my grandparent had a party that I avoided the large majority of. I wasn't feeling to well.

Frankly I haven't been feeling to well the last few days. I've had some really bad headaches and my stomach has been acting up. I've also just been really exhausted. I think it is a combination of the heat (it has been consistently around 100 degrees the last few days), physical exertion, and stress.

God- it is vacation! I shouldn't be stressed, but I am so sick and tired of my grandfather! He is I is a grumpy, hypocritical, self-entitled old man. I mean for one, he complains if he starts angrily ranting about his own opinion and we stop him, but- by the gods!- if anyone tries sharing an opinion he doesn't agree with all Hell breaks loose!  For instance, I worked really hard to make really nice chocolate souffles for dessert today, and he knew I was making them! But when they were in the oven he blows up about this whole thing where chocolate doesn't go well after sushi (what we had for dinner). I pointed out that at home we always have chocolate mousse after our sushi and I like how it goes together well. Then he started yelling at me about meal compositions and oh he's been all over the world so he knows best! and "when have you ever seen chocolate served in a sushi restaurant?" and all sorts of crap like that! And whenever I tried to speak he just yells about how I should start listening to people who are more experienced than me! Here is the issue with that logic though- if there is anyone in this house who actually listens to anyone other than themselves, it is probably me, whereas the only person my grandpa ever listens to is himself.
Anyways, after I walked away from that to check on the souffles, he went upstairs and didn't even bother to try them. His loss though, they were really good!

I'm so sick of this! I'm so sick of being disrespected and not being able to stand up for myself! When I try I get yelled at by him, or my mom and grandma continuously say just to deal with it and not fight back. I can't do that though, I'm sick of laying down and letting people walk all over me!

Its so frustrating though, because I have managed to be in a good mood for the large majority of this trip, and this just ruined my mood, and has left me feeling really down again. Whelp, guess I'll just have something to talk to my therapist about when I get back. -.-

Anyways I am just going to do a quick run-through.

We went to the market this morning, and that was nice. It was hilarious because we went separately, and both my grandma and grandpa got eight croissants for us, so we ended up with croissants all over the place! My grandma gave me a euro for a baguette, which was nice. You know, my grandma is hard to handle sometimes (due to her paranoia, and ability to turn any conversation into talking about her) but this year she has been pretty cool. Anyways, I walked around the market a bit, and then we went back to the house. I wasn't feeling very well, and I wanted to take a nap, but I needed to prepare the souffles because they needed to go in the freezer so they would be ready for dinner. After that I took a long nap. Then I read for awhile and helped my mom make sushi. It also started storming like crazy, which was actually a good thing because they have been in a pretty bad drought while we've been here. before this it had only rained once, and only lightly for a few minutes, combine that with almost one hundred degree weather for pretty much the entirety of the last three weeks and you have a serious problem. Anyways, the sushi was really good, and other than that blow up about the dessert, the souffles turned out really nicely as well!

Anyways, that is about all! I am going to leave you with the pictures or the last three days! I hope you enjoy them!


















No comments:

Post a Comment