Blog Archive

Sunday, July 28, 2013

France-Day 21: The Final Day!

So today was our last full day in France! It was a pretty good one though! I slept in a bit, then in the afternoon mom and I went to go look at a 'viewpoint' of Cahors. We walked up from the base of a hill (or hilltain!) to the top, and you could see all of the city, it was really cool! Then we walked back down another way, and went up the road quite a distance and through a lovely park to get back to the car. I love hiking and climbing- my mom and I call me a mountain goat. For some reason, despite my lack of grace on flat surfaces, if you put me on rough terrain my feet just know what to do. I was jogging down steep rocky paths with no trouble at all! It was really fun, and I always feel at home when I am hiking or climbing on natural feeling paths.

On the way back to the house mom and I stopped by a bakery (where I got a baguette!) and my mom bought some posters from another place. We also stopped at the gate of the old wall that surrounded Cahors back in medieval times. There was a lovely garden and a cool tower by it. Then we headed back to the house (and I took a nap!) After that we worked on packing for awhile.

Eventually we all went down to the meadow, and the adults had some drinks. I went back up and continued packing for awhile, and then it was time for dinner. We had potatoes with truffle butter, and duck. It was pretty decent. Then we settled down in the living room and ate creme brulee, and went through all of the photos we had taken on the trip on the tv screen, which was nice. The whole night went without any major incidents, and was retty peaceful- good for our last night here!

Anyways, I have to get up at seven am tomorrow, and leave for the airport at 8:30. By tomorrow night (if all goes according to plan) I will be back in America!

See you all soon!








Goodbye France!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment