Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

France- Day 2: Strangers and Shopping

So after last night's post I went to bed. Sleeping is always hard when trying to adjust your schedule by seven hours, but i was exhausted enough that it was mostly okay. I did wake up a few times though. Also the ceiling above my bed is extremely sloped, so I bump my head pretty much every time I turn, but oh well. (Actually on the upper level where I sleep, there are all of these low beams that I always bump my head on. The door to my room isn't even tall enough for me XD) Then I woke up at about nine in the morning, and took a shower, before getting ready to leave at 10:15. At this time I was taken out to meet a lady (who was going to take me to meet some other girls.) She was nice, and we walked around a bit- she showed me some of the things that have changed in Cahors, an showed me around the cathedral.

garden behind the cathedral

same garden

A shoe/ jewelry repair shop




 Then we picked up some food, and went to her friend's flat or lunch. The could all speak a little English so we were able to communicate a little bit, bu it still felt awkward. They were nice though. Unfortunately, due to my shyness I wasn't having very much fun. Actually I think my depression was kicking in a bit, and thus I wasn't feeling very well. Eventually we left (And now I have to eat dinner with them and go bowling on Saturday, and I feel like I will just feel lonely...) and I walked around with the lady for a bit before my mom came to pick me up. We started driving back to my grandparent's house, but I started crying, and we decided to head back into town.

My day picked up quite a bit from there.

We went to a few of my stores (we only went to three, because we wanted to save some for later). The stores were called Opio, Jennyfer, and Vert Anis. The only one I spent money in was Opio, but I got a ton! I spent 98 euros, and I am very happy with what I got.



After that we went back to the house. I showed everyone my new clothes, and then I went upstairs, unpacked and rearranged the room I am staying in. (I am actually sharing a room with my mom, but I have a corner to myself that I set up to be more comfortable.) Then I went out on the computer for a bit, and my grandmother talked to me about depression, which apparently runs heavily in my family.

After that I laid in my bed for awhile, just sort of zoning out, and then I wen down and drew for a few minutes before it was time for dinner.



We had truffle pasta and duck, and then delicious fruit for dessert. it was all very good. We sat outside and talked for awhile, and then I went inside, and here I am, working on my blog :)

Anyways, Goodnight! (It is Midnight for me, and I have to get up at about 8:00)

No comments:

Post a Comment