Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Something I Have to Say

Why must bad things happen to good people? It seems like some of the best people I know are the people who face the hardest times. Sometimes it is with money, sometimes it is how other people treat them, maybe it is their health, or maybe its their feelings. But whatever it is it hurts them, and they don't deserve it. There are so many people I know who don't deserve to be sad in any way, and yet they still are. The world just seems against them, and whenever something good seems like it will happen, things fall apart.

Heck, I even know how they feel. I've been there. I won't necessarily say that I've never done anything to deserve sadness, I can't even quite say that I deserve happiness. I can't judge those things. I don't know where I stand. But I have tried to be the best person I can be, and still so many times things fall apart before me, and I feel like there is nothing to do but cry.

It just doesn't seem right. These good-hearted people who deserve nothing but happiness get all this crap. So many that I know have simply given up. They think that there is no way for them to be happy anymore, and they just accept the circumstances as something that will always be there. They've lost hope, and its simply not fair.

Where is karma, or God's mercy, or whatever the heck you would like to believe in? The corrupt rise as the good fall. Where is the balance of the world? It makes me sad, to watch the people that I care most about fall. To hear their ever-present disappointment and their low expectations of everything. I want to fight for them. I want to make them feel better, in any way I can.

Unfortunately, there is my greatest downfall. I am no good at helping people up, and making them feel better. I can feel great empathy for them, I can say sorry, and listen to what they have to say. I can cry for them when I'm on my own, because they insist on being too strong to cry. But that is the extent of my reach. I have a great ability to empathize, almost too great really, but I have virtually no ability to comfort. My awkwardness kicks in, and I lose my ability to come up with the right words to make someone feel better. Or I can't give someone the gentle hand that they need. My heart aches to give everything I can to their aid, but something stops me, as if I'm blocked. I want to help so badly.

Life isn't fair. This is something we've heard a thousand times. And it feels childish to cry out about the unfairness of things, but it is a simple truth, things aren't fair, but that doesn't mean that we can't hope that someday they will be.


So with that said, I have a final message:

Those of you out there who may read this, those of you who are sad, and those of you who think the darkness will never end, just listen. I know things are hopeless now, but it will get better. Even if you find yourself in the darkest hour of the darkest night, and you feel ready to give in, stop. Wait, because the dawn is coming sooner than you may thing. You'll find something you love, something that makes you so unbelievably happy someday. Something that strips the loneliness away, and shines like the sun, and then you'll be glad you didn't give up. So just hold on.

In the meantime though, while you wait for the night to end, find someone to talk to.  I know that I will gladly help anyone who wants to come to me in any way I can, even if it's not something I am particularly good at. I can listen though, and sometimes a chance to just talk is the best thing you can get. And on those days when you want to cry, but you feel like you need to be strong, I'll cry for you. I'll cry the tears you desperately need to shed, because I know you wont. And I will do this for as long as you need. I'll take your hand, and I'll lead you through the dark, until we find the dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment